A great unit of backpack is needed whether by backpacker, ex-military day tripper or people who like doing lots of hiking or similar sports. Backpack is important because this thing is used to carry all of your needs when far from home. If you are one of the above or feel the need of great backpack, go ahead and read our article below, because we are going to introduce you to one great backpack, which is the Direct Action Dragon Egg backpack.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
– What is Direct Action Dragon Egg
– Direct Action Dragon Egg Complete Features
– Direct Action Dragon Egg Pros and Cons
About Direct Action Dragon Egg
Direct Action Dragon Egg is a military backpack manufactured by Direct Action Company. The company originated from Poland but now has expand into the US market and has an office in New York. Direct Action offer a wide arrange of military products, such as vests, belts, pouches, holsters & slings, packs and bags, apparel and knives. This company is well know because of their unique features that you can categorized as out of the box. They currently have six backpacks in their catalogue and are all varies from the smallest “Dust”, the medium “Dragon Egg” and the largest of them all is called “Ghost”. Read our military backpack article on Rush 72 vs Rush 24 here.
In today article, we are going to exclusively review the medium size Direct Action Dragon Egg backpack. This backpack is made from 500D Cordova completed with waterproof and weigh about 3 lbs, which is fairly small. The capacity of Direct Action Dragon Egg is 25 Liters and this item is available in 6 colors or pattern. This backpack is suitable for a day long adventure, and even though it looks small, in fact it can pack similar like bigger bag.
Direct Action Dragon Egg Features
Looking at the inside of the bag, you will find a unique features, which is the laser cut PALS webbing. Direct Action Dragon Egg PALS webbing reduces weight and interior awkwardness to less the chance of snag and because it is waterproof, it will not get soggy and flimsy like other brands webbing. Another unique feature is the Paracord handle, the patented “Combat Vent: rear panel with quick release buckles on the carrying straps, and the Heavy Duty, invisible YKK zippers.
This backpack is perfect for day hunting and is well constructed with lots of compartment to carry your tools. The zip toggles in the Direct Action Dragon Egg have rubber tube to ease you when opening them. Many people are satisfied with the Combat Vent System mentioned above because it performs really well. For example even when ski touring in very cold condition, the back area are still getting sweaty when used to carry a backpack and caused uncomfortable feeling. With the Combat Vent System, this is no longer a problem.
Here is the complete features of Direct Action Dragon Egg:
– Made from Cordura for durability
– Has the patented CVS Combat Vent System to provide the user with more comfort
– Is lightweight and moisture absorbing laser-cut MOLLE/PALS system
– User friendly YKK zippers
– Has internal mesh and hydration pocket at the internal compartment
– Has two additional zippered external pockets
– Has back compartment for hydration bladder or it also can be used to carry up to 15” laptop
– Has Paracord drag handle that made with 2.m cords
– Has additional side handles
– Has quick release shoulder straps
– Has D-ring attachment points, if you need to attach quick access items
– Has side bottom retention straps with buckles if you need to attach additional gear, such as tent or trek poles.
– Has Velcro panel for ID patches
– All clips and buckles are made by Duraflex/Woojin
– The PenCott, Kryptek, and Multicam camouflages ate NIR treated
– Is lightweight
– Feels comfortable when used, because the Combat Vent System
– Works well with day hunting or as everyday pack
– Has many compartments for your devices
– The carrying straps is too short
– When fully packed, the inside pushed outs and create an awkward bulk
– The chest strap is too high and can’t be adjusted to be lower
- 100% Cordura 500D, DWR coated - Made in USA or Imported - Dust Mk II have redesigned side pockets that are equipped with elastic for expansion. They also have the new Direct Action logo
In conclusion, the Direct Action Dragon Egg is a great backpack for people with shorter height and is a good multi-purpose pack as long as not used for an extended trip or heavily loaded.
Direct Action Dragon Egg Review: Price
Find the best price for Direct Action Dragon Egg here!